Thank you for applying to participate in the Twin Cities LIFE & LEGACY™ initiative, a program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation. The LIFE & LEGACY program is a results-oriented 4-year program that assists communities across North America to promote after-lifetime giving to benefit local Jewish day schools, synagogues, social service organizations and other Jewish entities. Through training, support and monetary incentives LIFE & LEGACY motivates Jewish organizations to secure legacy gifts, steward donors and integrate legacy giving into the philanthropic culture of the Jewish community. In so doing, we all achieve our shared goal of a vibrant Jewish life in Greater St. Paul and Minneapolis now and for future generations.
The Twin Cities Jewish Federations will provide training, consulting, coaching, and marketing along with an incentive grant to each accepted local organization of $5,000 in years one and two, payable upon the agency’s accomplishment of securing 18 commitments per year. An additional $2,500 is available for those agencies that reach 25 commitments. We hope the incentive grant will encourage your organization to prioritize legacy giving and integrate it into the philanthropic culture of your organization.
Participation in the LIFE & LEGACY program will require attendance at group and individual sessions by a legacy team of 3-5 members including the most senior professional(s) and a minimum of two lay leaders, who will be responsible for:
- Attending 4 – 6 training sessions per year;
- Developing a Legacy Plan and strive to meet its goals (with guidance and support from local staff and national HGF consultants);
- Working cooperatively with other participating agencies and synagogues by sharing best practices and working through challenges;
- Incorporating LIFE & LEGACY marketing and messages into communications and culture;
- Establishing board-approved written endowment policies and procedures;
- Submitting excel-based activity reports in a timely manner on a quarterly basis which include the names, addresses and contact information of individuals who were called, the individual who had the conversation, the status of the call, and amount (if available).
Applications and attachments are due by Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Lori Fritz, Minneapolis Co-Chair & Barry Glaser, Greater St. Paul Co-Chair