We know that Jewish summer camp and Israel experiences are some of the most meaningful and life-changing experiences for kids, teens and young adults—and some of the most expensive.
We want to help. The Minneapolis Jewish Federation offers a number of needs-based scholarships to assist with the cost of Israel travel and camp tuition.
Thanks to funds raised through the annual Community Campaign, Federation is able to award financial need-based scholarships to children in the greater Minneapolis metropolitan area for the Jewish summer day and overnight camp programs. The process will look a bit different moving forward, with two rounds of scholarship awards from specifically the Minneapolis Jewish Federation.
Please check with JFCS and your camp or synagogues for their specific guidelines and timing. Reminder that many (but not all) local camp partners accept a copy of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation common scholarship form for consideration.
MJF Needs-Based Camp Scholarships Round #1 (for overnight camp only)
- Application will open October 6, 2022
- Deadline for families to apply for Round 1 is December 6, 2022 at 11:59 PM
- First 50 applications will be considered for scholarship awards
- Scholarship decisions announced to both camps and families by December 20, 2022
- Application stays open from October 6th, 2022
- Applications 51 and beyond submitted will be considered for scholarship awards in round #2)
- Deadline for families to apply for Round 2 is February 28, 2023, at 11:59 PM
- Scholarship decisions announced to both camps and families by March 28, 2023
For questions, please contact Kristen Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the Camp Scholarship application form, click here.
Israel Scholarships — Your ticket to Israel.
Minneapolis Jewish Federation offers a number of scholarships to help community members experience Israel.
- Louis Herman Israel Experience Fund: for teens ages 15-18. Learn more.
- Isadore & Molly Boroff Israel Scholarship: for young adults ages 18-30. Learn more.
- Israel Center Scholarship Fund: Needs-based scholarships for ages 16+ looking to go on an educational program. Learn more.
- Annette Paletz Memorial Scholarship: for Minneapolis high school students for chosen Jewish Educational Travel Programs in Israel. Learn more.
Minnesota Jewish Community Foundation Scholarships
The scholarships listed below are funded by MN JCF funds.
The Joshua Scholarship Fund
The Joshua Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to Minnesota residents who wish to study for one year in Israel at Yeshivot Hesder, Michlala Lebanot, or Orot; or other compatible Religious Zionist institutions. Priority for scholarships will be given to those with financial needs. Click here to apply.
Camp Moshava Scholarship
The Joshua Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to Minnesota residents who wish to attend any Camp Moshava, religious, and Zionist camps sponsored by Bnei Akiva of the US and Canada for the purpose of furthering the educational and ideological goals of Bnei Akiva. Priority for scholarships will be given to those with financial needs. Click here to apply.
Paul A. Weingarden Law School Scholarship Fund
The Paul A. Weingarden Law School Scholarship Fund provides a limited number of needs based scholarships of at least $5,000 to Jewish law students to assist with the costs of law school tuition and books.
Applicants may attend any law school in the U.S., but must either (a) be from Minnesota; or (b) live in Minnesota at the time the scholarship is awarded. Past scholarship recipients will be eligible to apply for additional scholarships in subsequent years.
Applications must be submitted yearly by May 31.
Click here to apply.