If you’re not a current Federation community partner, welcome! We want to know about your program and consider it for Program Based Funding.
Before you get to work on the application, you’ll need to submit a letter of inquiry. We’ll review your letter and let you know if your program is a good fit before you take the time to craft a complete application.
(If you are a community partner applying for program based funding or unrestricted funding, learn more here.)
The Letter of Inquiry should be submitted through our online grants management system. By completing the form, you’ll provide enough information about your proposed program to enable us to help you approach the full application.
When you work on the Letter of Inquiry, we will ask you for the following information:
- Project name and sponsoring organization
- Contact details for follow up
- Brief summary of the program
- Explanation of which Strategic Outcome this program directly addresses – View and download details about our Strategic Outcomes.
- Overview of activities involved in the program
- Estimate of funding to be requested from Minneapolis Jewish Federation (grants will range from $10,000 to $50,000)
- Explanation of other funding sources
- Project timing
You must submit a Letter of Inquiry no later than Monday, April 4, 2016. (Please note that full applications for funding are due on Wednesday, April 20, 2016.)
What to Expect Following Submission
A member of our team will reply to let you know your Letter of Inquiry has been received.
Within 3 business days, a member of our team will respond in greater detail, with:
- An invitation to complete the full application; or
- Questions or comments that for you to address prior to submitting a full application; or
- A recommendation that your request is not a good fit for this funding, and making any relevant suggestions for other sources of funding to consider.
Please note that an invitation to complete a full application is not a guarantee of approval of your request.
Filling out the application
Full applications are due April 20, and the reviewing committees will be evaluating applications throughout the spring. Final funding decisions are made and approved by the Federation’s Board of Directors in July 2016.
We look forward to receiving your Letter of Inquiry and learning more about the good work you do.