Scholarship applications will be open again in March 2024
Who is eligible?
- Minneapolis-based Jewish individuals ages 16 years and over are eligible to apply for an Israel Center need-based Scholarship.
- Families with a total annual household income of under $120,000 will be considered for financial assistance.
- Israel programs must be at least three weeks in length, sponsored by an organization with a strong educational component.
What does the Scholarship offer?
- Scholarship awards are based on program costs, not discretionary spending money or transportation costs.
- A scholarship will be awarded only after the committee has reviewed the family’s finances, together with any extenuating circumstances and Israel program registration has been verified. This is a needs-based scholarship fund.
When can I apply?
- Scholarship applications must be submitted at least 2 months prior to beginning of the program in Israel. Submissions coming in later than this time frame are not guaranteed a scholarship award.
How will I receive my award?
- The Minneapolis Jewish Federation will make scholarship awards directly to the Israel program organization. Under no circumstances will a check be given directly to an individual.
- Scholarship awards will be sent to the organization two weeks prior to program departure. This is to ensure that the program is starting on time due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What else do I need to know?
- Applicants being considered for an award may be asked to meet with members of the scholarship committee prior to their departure for Israel.
- All scholarship requests are strictly confidential.
- Scholarships will be awarded only once to each applicant.
- Outstanding circumstances for an additional scholarship request will be reviewed by members of the committee.
- Recipients of this scholarship, upon return or during the program, are expected to submit an essay detailing the Israel Experience as well as detail regarding the program itself.