Network of Philanthropic Advisors
About the NPA
The Jewish Community Foundation of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation (JCF) offers the Network of Philanthropic Advisors (NPA), a network of trusted Twin Cities professional advisors dedicated to building relationships and integrating charitable planning as a strategy for achieving their clients’ overall goals.
Over breakfast workshops, professional advisors meet and learn from philanthropy professionals and colleagues to discuss approaches to engage with clients, to strengthen their relationships with clients, advance charitable planning, and to connect with other charitably minded advisors.
We are seeking advisors who have established relationships with their clients and would be comfortable (or would want to become comfortable) discussing philanthropy with them.
The NPA is open to, and intended for, all professional advisors regardless of religion.
Click here to read about our program in TC Jewfolk
PARTNERING WITH ADVISORS
The JCF has a long history of working with attorneys, accountants, financial advisors, wealth managers, and other professional advisors, providing them with tools to engage their clients in charitable conversations to enhance their relationships.
PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR RESOURCES
- Dedicated NPA webpage, including list of NPA advisors
- Presentations to your firm
- Charitable gift projections
- Nonprofit research for clients
- Newsletter on charitable trends
- Partnering with you in client or family meetings
Why join the NPA?
Over a series of workshops, professional advisors gain valuable professional development and learn new approaches to strengthen client relationships through the introduction or expansion of philanthropic conversations.
- Provides professional development and education to participants in the area of philanthropy
- Three (3) workshops offered annually (continuing education credit for attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors may be offered)
- Recognition as trusted advisor of the NPA in JCF publications and on our website.
- Connect with other charitably minded advisors
- Learn about emerging trends in philanthropy
- If desired, the JCF staff can partner with cohort participants to help facilitate conversations and charitable planning with their clients around philanthropy, as well as develop customized materials for your firm to lead charitable conversations.
- Participants will also receive a complimentary ticket to the JCF’s annual professional advisor event
Becoming an NPA Advisor
To become an NPA Advisor, participants are required to attend three (3) workshops their first year and, thereafter, at least one annual NPA alumni event or meet with JCF staff.
The Philanthropic Landscape
- Why is philanthropy different today?
- How has technology influenced giving?
- What can we expect in the next decade?
- Who are the next generation of givers?
Listen and Learn
- Philanthropy in your practice
- Developing a dialogue of trust
- Being a good listener for charitable triggers
- Creating relationships through stories
Inspire and Engage
- Language of philanthropy
- Multi-generational family meetings
- Charitable giving vehicles and options
- Planned giving conversations
The JCF offers an annual high-level event for advisors to learn about new developments in charitable planning and stay up on relevant law. This workshop is open to all advisors and may offer continuing education credit for attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors.
Please contact the JCF staff for dates and times of the workshops and annual event.
The Network of Philanthropic Advisors program was designed by the Jewish Community Foundation San Diego and is sponsored by the Jewish Community Foundation of the Minneapolis Jewish Federation.
What you value matters
What do you support? When you invest in your values, your actions shape the world.
It is not what one says, but rather what one does, that makes all the difference in the world.
— Pirkei Avot 1:17