Who is eligible?
The Isadore & Molly Boroff Israel Scholarship is available for Jewish folks who meet the eligibility requirements:
- You must be aged 18-30 during the period of their program.
- Your permanent residence is in the Minneapolis metropolitan area.
- You plan to participate in an Israel program.
- The program must be at least two months in length, Masa Israel-recognized (or with an equivalent educational component included), and administered by a non-profit organization.
What does the Scholarship offer?
Award amounts are based on program fees. Depending upon demand in any scholarship round, awards will be made up to the amount indicated below, based on program fees.
|Up to $10,000||Up to $2,000|
|$10,001 – $15,000||Up to $3,000|
|$15,001 – $20,000||Up to $3,500|
|Over $20,000||Up to $4,000|
When can I apply?
Deadlines are December 2, April 14 and July 21. Decisions will be announced by late January, May, and mid-August
How can I apply?
What else do I need to know?
- All scholarship requests are strictly confidential.
- Scholarships will be awarded only once to each applicant.
- Proof of program acceptance is required and must be submitted with an application.
- The Boroff Israel Scholarship Fund is not a needs-based grant.
- The Minneapolis Jewish Federation will make scholarship awards directly to the Israel program provider. Under no circumstances will a check be given directly to an individual.
- A 501c3 document of the program needs to be provided.
- Scholarships must be approved before the program begins.
- A photo of applicant needs to be submitted
- Prior to leaving Israel, applicants will need to discuss with fund coordinator additional opportunities and requirements available to enhance the Israel experience.
The fund is available to receive tax-deductible tributes and contributions through the Jewish Community Foundation. If you’d like to make a tax-deductible gift to the Isadore & Molly Boroff Israel Scholarship Fund, send a check to the Jewish Community Foundation, Minneapolis Jewish Federation, 111 Cheshire Ln, Suite 50, Minnetonka, MN 55305. Any questions can be directed to Amanda Feigin, Israel Program Specialist, Israel Center, email@example.com or 952-417-2319.
Questions? Amanda is here to help!