Who is eligible?
- Minneapolis-based Jewish men and women ages 16 years and over are eligible to apply for an Israel Center need-based Scholarship.
- Families with a total annual household income of under $120,000 will be considered for financial assistance.
- Israel programs must be at least three weeks in length, sponsored by an organization with a strong educational component.
What does the Scholarship offer?
- Scholarship awards are based on program costs, not discretionary spending money or transportation costs.
- A scholarship will be awarded only after the committee has reviewed the family’s finances, together with any extenuating circumstances and Israel program registration has been verified. This is a needs-based scholarship fund.
- Scholarship recipients are required to submit a short essay (between 700 – 1500 words) relating their Israel Experience.
When can I apply?
- Scholarship applications will be accepted throughout the year, however, applicants are encouraged to apply at least 3 months prior to their departure in order to provide adequate time to process the request.
How will I receive my award?
The Minneapolis Jewish Federation will make scholarship awards directly to the Israel program provider. Under no circumstances will a check be given directly to an individual.
Where can I apply?
What else do I need to know?
- Applicants being considered for an award may be asked to meet with members of the scholarship committee prior to their departure for Israel.
- All scholarship requests are strictly confidential.
- Scholarships will be awarded only once to each applicant.
- Outstanding circumstances for an additional scholarship request will be reviewed by members of the committee.
- Recipients of this scholarship, upon return or during the program, are expected to submit an essay detailing the Israel Experience as well as detail regarding the program itself.
Any questions can be directed to Eilat Harel, Israel Center, email@example.com or 952-417-2321.