Who is eligible?
- Minneapolis-based Jewish high school students are eligible to apply for an Alexander Muss High School in Israel Fund Scholarship.
- Families with a total annual household income of under $120,000 will be considered for financial assistance.
- This Scholarship is only for participants in the Alexander Muss High School in Israel program.
What does the Scholarship offer?
- A scholarship will be awarded only after the committee has reviewed the family’s finances, together with any extenuating circumstances and Israel program registration has been verified. This is a needs-based scholarship fund.
- Scholarship recipients are required to submit a short essay (between 700 – 1500 words) relating their Israel Experience.
When can I apply?
- The scholarship application has two deadlines: (Fall) August 15and (Spring) March 15. Participants intending to attend the program December through May should apply by August 15, while those intending to attend in the summer or fall should apply by the March 15 deadline.
How will I receive my award?
- The Minneapolis Jewish Federation will make scholarship awards directly to the Israel program provider. Under no circumstances will a check be given directly to an individual.
What else do I need to know?
- Scholarships awarded will be approximately $500.
- Applicants being considered for an award may be asked to meet with members of the scholarship committee prior to their departure for Israel.
- All scholarship requests are strictly confidential.
- Scholarships will be awarded only once to each applicant.
- Outstanding circumstances for an additional scholarship request will be reviewed by members of the committee.
- Recipients of this scholarship, upon return or during the program, are expected to submit an essay detailing the Israel Experience as well as detail regarding the program itself.
Any questions can be directed to Eilat Harel, Israel Center, firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-417-2321.